[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jun 6 08:53:46 UTC 2011

On 6 Jun 2011, at 09:37, Ken Smith wrote:

> I have made this db change this morning and the BBC HD streams have
> vanished as far as my Hauppauge DVB-S2 card is concerned. Notably this
> card has never found the CH4 HD stream either. Is this card not really
> S2 capable even though the box says it is...? /var/log/messages has an
> entry that suggests it can do S2.

You don't say which Hauppauge card you have, there are many!

My Hauppauge Nova HD-S2 works fine, Ch4HD etc. etc. I also have a HVR-4000 connected to a 19.2E dish and that picks up DVBS2 transmissions fine, although really those are the same card, the HD-S2 just has some (DVBT) parts missing.

> I bought two at the time, the other for a friends myth system, they
> looked visibly identical, but that system has found CH4 HD. I was
> thinking that my dish alignment isn't quite right, but that may not be
> the case. My myth system is 0.23 and my friends is a newer build at
> 0.24. Both are Centos and using the Video4linux drivers from ATRPM's.

Myth has worked with DVBS2 from (I think) 0.22 onwards, maybe even 0.21