[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jun 6 17:53:17 UTC 2011

On 6 Jun 2011, at 18:23, OneBob wrote:

> Hi All
>
> A UK question....
>
> I hate to be a pain but I've just re-scanned to pick up BBC HD (Nova HD-S2) after trying (several) database concoctions/alterations that have appeared here over the last few days and all I've achieved is adding (at last) the 4HD channel?
>
> ITV1 HD is still on 10000, 4HD is on 55300 but BBC are still on 6940 & 6941 is this right?

BBC channels have stayed the same, the ITV1 HD in the BBC mux has changed pid but as that's encrypted it's probably not much use to you. Four & the FTA ITV1 HD are still on 55300 & 10000.

I rescanned the BBC mux 2050 (rescan single existing mux) after my last complete scan and deleted off air channels when asked, updated existing channels and it all came good. I think there is a mistake in the NIT for the BBC mux and this is confusing the scanner, I have read on various forums that some Freesat TVs & STBs are having trouble too!

Beeb are not what they used to be... although the NIT is probably Sky's responsibility.