[mythtv-users] livetv files showing under recordings

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:27:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 8:17 PM, mythtv . <mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk> wrote:

> On 6 June 2011 21:05, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> since updating my mythtv install (0.24.x to 0.24.x... ie: minor updates)
>> i've had a weird issue of the livetv files (/var/lib/mythtv/livetv/) showing
>> under the recordings area in mythweb or mythfrontend.
>> the filesystem paths are all correct, and do appear to work ok (livetv
>> goes into /var/lib/mythtv/livetv/, recordings go into
>> /var/lib/mythtv/recordings).
>>
>> the livetv files do not appear to be being deleted once the program
>> finishes, so it appears to be a 'permanent' file rather than a temp caching
>> file that would get deleted when the show is over (if thats how mythtv
>> works)
>>
>> i am able to delete the non-active livetv files, and they stay deleted.
>>
>> help!

> Hasn't this always been the case? I have always had this behaviour, with the
> exception of livetv recordings showing in the frontend until I explicitly
> changed the setting in 0.24 to show these. Certainly all the time I have
> been running myth from 0.21 onwards it has been the case that I have had to
> manually delete all livetv recordings etc
> Martin

In fact, this has never been the case (at least, not in any version
you've run of Myth)-- Myth expects that the space made available to it
belongs to it-- it will auto-expire liveTV after 24 hours, or when you
fill the drive, whichever comes first, by default.  Live TV will only
stick around longer than 24 hours if the setting for that duration is
set to longer.

To the OP:  You are seeing Live TV in the PBB because you have set the
filter to show Live TV.  You can turn that filter off and go on using
myth as you always have, and live TV will be expired according to the
policy you have set (or the defaults) as it always has.

See:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FAQ#Live_TV_Questions
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FAQ#Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

For information on how to change the filters.

Robert