[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:34:03 UTC 2011

On 06/06/2011 21:02, Another Sillyname wrote:
> It would perhaps we useful if we could compare what our mythconverg
> table now reads.
>
> mythconverg.channelscan_dtv_multiplex
>
> mplexid = 51
> frequency = 10847000
> symbolrate = 23000000
> fec = auto
> polarity = v
> hp_code_rate = auto
> mod_sys = DVB-S2
> rolloff = 0.20
> lp_code_rate = auto
> modulation = qpsk
>
> I have both a TBS 6980 Dual and a Hauppauge DVB-S2 in this machine and
> the TBS is working fine with these settings but the Hauppauge can't
> get a Lock.  As the box is in active recording mode till about 11pm
> tonight I've just shoved the HD records onto the TBS till I can have a
> look later.
>
> Has anyone got a Hauppauge DVB-S2 card working with different settings
> and if so could you post them here please.

I updated mine manually - just changed the symbolrate, fec and mod_sys.
  Seems to work ok with my Mystique Satix S2-dual card.  I've only tried
live tv, first recording due to start in 27mins....

dtv_multiplex now looks like this:

mysql> select * from dtv_multiplex where mplexid = 39\G
           mplexid: 39
          sourceid: 1
       transportid: 2050
         networkid: 2