[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Mon Jun 6 22:26:18 UTC 2011

Andre wrote:
> On 6 Jun 2011, at 10:13, Ken Smith wrote:
>

> {snip}
> The same, you didn't post the syslog entry where the firmware gets loaded mine is loading 1.26.90.0

Same version here and on my friends machine

>> {snip}
>>> Myth has worked with DVBS2 from (I think) 0.22 onwards, maybe even 0.21

Interestingly I checked my friends 0.24 system. It has identical card
and firmware. I manually fed the the settings from the BBC's site into
mythtvsetup (as has been suggested in other posts here today) and set it
scanning. It found the BBC HD streams. Doing similar on my 0.23 system,
I noticed that the box to tell it that the source was DVB-S2 wasn't
there in the options. Maybe an anomaly in the 0.23 build I have.
(Perhaps I should get it up to 0.24.) Unless, there is some anomaly with
the driver I'm using that doesn't 'reveal' the S2 capability to myth. I
don't know anything about the V4L protocol.

With that in mind I tried to test with a 'scan' command. I noticed that
the channel list for the one of the Astra 23E services contains entries like

S2 11515000 V 28500000 9/10 AUTO QPSK

So I composed something similar with the BBC HD settings in it and the
scan aborted with a syntax error, complaining about the S2. That
happened on both my 0.23 system and my friends 0.24 system that can
'see' the BBC HD mux....

I'd like to gain some confidence that my DVB-S2 card is able to receive
the BBC HD mux before I upgrade to 0.24, possibly to find that's not the
problem...

Thanks for any guidance

Ken

believed to be clean.