[mythtv-users] No upcoming recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 7 01:22:49 UTC 2011

On 06/06/2011 07:13 PM, Josh Rosenberg wrote:
> After running an update of my computer (including a kernel upgrade to
> 2.26.32-32), I suddenly have no upcoming recordings.  All of my
> recording rules say "(Recording 0 of 0)", and they bypass scheduled
> shows without recording.  I haven't changed anything else recently,
> and in particular I hadn't gone into backend setup for serveral weeks
> (during which dozens of shows recorded successfully) until I tried to
> debug this problem.
>
> Even testing a new recording by going into the schedule grid and
> pressing "R" results in a new rule, but not one that actually records
> the show.  I have forced a run of mythfilldatabase by going into
> backend-setup.  I am recording via an HDHR from a Comcast connection
> in the US, and I have verified that my Schedules Direct subscription
> is up-to-date.  The grid of upcoming shows appears normal, and live TV
> works as usual, as does viewing old recordings.  Machine Status
> reports that I have 351 GB (19%) of my hard drive free, a number that
> should be plenty, though also a number that surprisingly didn't drop
> when I deleted some recordings.
>
> I'm running Mythbuntu 10.04 and MythTV 0.24 on a single combined
> frontend/backend.
>
> Can someone please help me troubleshoot?  Thanks in advance!

Typically it's input connections config when live tv works and
recordings don't.  Back up the DB (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ), then
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .  If
it doesn't help, restore the DB and you're back to where you are now.

Mike