[mythtv-users] zilog-rx-i2c high cpu usage, lirc_zilog errors

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 7 01:58:51 UTC 2011

On Jun 5, 2011, at 10:46 AM, Chris Payne wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>
> No, that pretty well covers it. I'll have to steal my hdpvr out of production.
> That'll be easier once the Stanley Cup Playoffs are over (its recording the
> games that are on Versus HD), which should be RSN. I guess I could try to
> reproduce the issue with other zilog-based hardware too... Anyway, looking at
> this issue has been added to my TODO list.
>

> Awesome. Let me know if change your mind and do want anything else, and thanks for looking into this,
>
> OT PS. Canucks or Bruins? Seems you are thinking Canucks sweep by the RSN comment ;-)
> I'm a bit torn, after almost 10 years living in Vancouver (and now not) I'm feeling a little over exposed to the Canucks and their fans.

Born and raised in Seattle, so the Canucks were the closest thing to a home
team growing up, but I never really gave a damn about hockey until my son
started playing. Happens that we moved to the Boston area about 5 years ago,
so we're actually Bruins fans. More than anything, just happy to see them
make it to the finals, didn't have high expectations for a result. So also
happy with them not getting destroyed (30 seconds of traffic in the other
direction, and the series is 2-0 the other way). Just don't think that the
prospects are so great down 2-0. Plus, its only games 3 and 4 that are only
on Versus, the rest are on NBC (clear QAM), so regardless, the hdpvr is more
or less free after game 4.

> Regardless, the game last night was good for sure, we watched it "semi-live" via the HD-PVR on CBC HD, worked perfectly.

Both NBC and Versus (NBC owns Versus now) feeds seem to be littered with
glitches lately, the first few rounds of the playoffs were flawless, the
last conference finals and finals have been very glitchy -- both in my
recordings (hdpvr and clear qam) and watching live with the qam tuner in
my tv with my verizon fios feed, and a friend is having similar issues with
his comcast feed.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com