[mythtv-users] Unitymedia (Germany) and Mythtv

Sven Bretfeld sven.bretfeld at gmx.ch
Tue Jun 7 07:13:48 UTC 2011

Hi Raymond and Jan

Thank you very much for this valuable information.

Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> writes:

> I began with Technotrend cards, which didn't work out to work well at
> all. Since then I've switched over to Satelco EasyWatch (same chipset
> as KNC1), and it works kinda well with Unitymedia. I have some issues
> with CAM decryption ceasing to work after running the backend for some
> time (about a day usually). I never found if this is a problem with
> the CI, the CAM, Unitymedia, some driver, or any combination of those.
> This is no longer a problem after I configured MythTV to shutdown the
> backend when it's idle.
> Beside that, this setup works reliably.

There are two seemingly different cards available. One "Satelco
Easywatch PCI (DVB-C)" and one "Satelco Easywatch HDTV PCI (DVB-C)".
Which one do you have, Jan? I think it would be wrong to assume that
both will work. As usual, the vendors don't say anything about the
chipset.

Am I right that I need the card as well as the CI module on two
different PCI slots? I found both items in different shops:

http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php?refID=google&info=p144_SATELCO-EasyWatch-PCI-DVB-C--Basic-Edition-.html

http://www.amazon.de/Satelco-Easywatch-Common-Interface/dp/B000QBU0T4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1307427420&sr=8-4

What about the CAM module? Is it correct that I need an additional CAM
like the Alphacrypt classic?

Thank you very much

Sven