[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

OneBob onebob at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 08:40:56 UTC 2011

Hi All

Well as always 10 seconds after I posted my original email the latest digest
arrived and what do you know - the winning bit of info!

The one thing I'd not done was re-scan with the right frequency

>from Andre's email:

> Are these the correct values?

No

> Freq: 10788000

10847000

> Polarity: Vertical
> Symbol rate: 23000000
> Mod Sys: DVB-S2
> FEC: 8/9
> Modulation: QPSK
> Inversion: leave at auto
> Rolloff: leave at 0.35

yes

Although I had tried that frequency in the database manipulation efforts
earlier?

I did end up with extra 'channel id' entries for BBC HD & One and also ITV
HD but after accepting them in the scan I deleted them via mythweb, all just
in time for the second episode of Case Histories on One, so I can confirm
that the Nova HD's do work fine but so far I can't see any difference!
(Quality that is.....)

Oh and I've still got 4HD into the bargin, if only they'd put Film4HD on
Freesat....

Thanks to all esp. the devs for such a brill product - is product the right
word? - keep up the good work!

Onebob