[mythtv-users] No upcoming recordings

Josh Rosenberg mythtv at desh.info
Tue Jun 7 11:58:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 4:13 AM,  <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org> wrote:
> Message: 22
> Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:17:06 +1000
> From: Julius Roberts <hooliowobbits at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] No upcoming recordings
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On 7 June 2011 13:21, Josh Rosenberg <mythtv at desh.info> wrote:
>> Thanks for the suggestion. ?I deleted all video sources, and
>> re-scanned and re-created the channel listings. ?Unfortunately, it
>> didn't address the problem; I still have no recordings scheduled, even
>> with brand-new single-record rules.
>
> Where does your guide data come from?  is it working?
>
> --
> Kind regards, Jules

Yes, it's working.

Based on some Googling, I figured out the problem.  According to
Mythweb, I had a broken database table.  (I should've noted which
table it was, but it was past my bedtime when I found this...)
Mythweb told me that the last repair attempt failed, but after I
clicked "Repair Tables", everything was fine.  I didn't notice this at
first because I don't ordinarily use Mythweb.

It would seem preferable for the ordinary mythfrontend display to
alert the user to any broken database tables, and for there to be a
one-click repair option for broken tables either in the frontend or in
the backend setup.

Thanks to all who tried to help!

Josh