[mythtv-users] OT: Buying a new TV - Sharp Quattron or 3D?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Jun 7 15:59:53 UTC 2011

It's been really interesting hearing about actual 3D-TV experiences.

As an engineer (and hopefully someone who in general "pays attention"),
I've pondered the feasibility of 3Dtv when it came out comparing it to what I've seen in theaters
vs what I know as an engineer and coming up with a conclusion that has spared my wallet in gas going to
the store JUST to SEE a 3Dtv.

It's nice to know the theories have pretty much held true.
It's sad to hear we're getting 3Dtv rammed down our throats whether we want it or not.
(to save a few bucks or in lieu of other more desired features).

I'd almost guess we're going to see some MFR say how popular their 3Dtv is because
everyone's buying it - but at the same time, it's all anyone can buy in that particular brand.

(Feels like Microsoft saying something how people love the new Windows Vista since everyone's buying it
when it was pretty much all anyone could get when buying a new PC through a chain store. Well DUH!)

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.