[mythtv-users] Stable DVB-S2 hardware

Andy Burns mythtv.lists at burns.me.uk
Wed Jun 8 07:40:45 UTC 2011

On 5 June 2011 14:23, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have a TBS card
> it's the 6981 model (dual DVB-S2 tuner PCIe LP card)
>  the driver releases to handle the
> latest ubuntu 11.04 kernel (2.6.something) was a bit slow, but it's is now
> available.

I made some (kludgy) patches to allow the TBS2981 to build for 2.6.38,
it works, with a few duplicate symbols affecting LIRC devices, but the
main problem is that the V4L drivers are the 2.6.35 ones forward
ported to 2.6.38 rather than the actual 2.6.35 drivers

http://adslpipe.co.uk/misc/

I gather that Turbosight have updated their own sources using my
patches! I wish they'd open-source their frontend driver as they
promised to do :-(