[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:29:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2011, at 2:01 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:

>>> Yes, that's correct.

>>> You sure? The haupp file I'm looking at over here only has 0x1fxx
>>> variants of the keys. Should be expanded in v4l-utils 0.8.4, I believe,
>>> but what I'm looking at is from what I believe is the current latest
>>> package in fedora 15... (There was a bit of churn with the hauppauge
>>> config files, as there were several different ones, all actually more
>>> or less the same, but some with device in the scancode, some without,
>>> and they're finally merged together in the latest v4l/dvb code).
>>>

>> Pretty sure.  I just copied /etc/rc_keymaps/haupp to my webdirectory.
>> Look here: http://mustbethemoney.mine.nu:8080/haupp.txt
>> Those all appear to me to be 0x1exx variants.  So I am confused (and
>> some of the keys show up in irw, some don't).
>
> Huh. Now I'm not quite sure what the heck is going on... One thing that
> does need to be fixed in that table though, is 'type: UNKNOWN' should
> be 'type: RC-5'.
>

>> I am using F14 and v4l-utils-0.8.3-2.fc14.i686.
>
> Bizarre. Seems to have slightly different table files than the package
> with the same nvr for fedora 15.

>>> Just 'ir-keyable -a', nothing else. Its supposed to use /etc/rc_maps.cfg
>>> to auto-determine which keytable file to upload. You can also try an
>>> explicit 'ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/haupp'.
>>>

>> When I try just ir-keytable -a, here is what happens (have not tried
>> ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/haupp yet as I am not in front of
>> the computer and would not be able to test the remote at this point):
>> [root at localhost ~]# ir-keytable -a
>> ir-keytable: option requires an argument -- 'a'
>> Try `ir-keytable --help' or `ir-keytable --usage' for more information.
>
> Sorry, I'm an idjit. It is indeed supposed to be
> 'ir-keytable -a /etc/rc_keymaps.cfg', which you've tried, and got an
> error from... I wonder if setting UNKNOWN to RC-5 will get you past
> that...

Actually, I was trying ir-keytable -a /etc/rc_keymaps/haupp
When I try ir-keytable -a /etc/rc_maps.cfg I get the following error:
Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*.

I do not have the ir-kbd-i2c module loaded right now though, so maybe
that is the issue.  I will also try changing the UNKNOWN to RC-5.
When exactly do I need to execute the command?  With the lirc service
off?  With the correct module loaded?  At any time?  And do I need to
do it on each reboot?

Still not understanding why some keys that are mapped in that haupp
file show up in irw when I have the right module loaded but others
don't.