[mythtv-users] Possible to recover recording group password?

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 20:47:58 UTC 2011

> On 06/08/2011 07:18 AM, mat wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> My wife recently ordered me to stop out watching the simpsons constantly
>> (fair enough, I have hundreds of recordings!). So, I attempted to put a
>> password on it. When I added it (from another computer), I then checked
>> the living room machine and it did not work, so I assumed it had failed
>> and forgot about it. Now, when I try to access recordings from the
>> computer I set the password on, it asks for a PIN - of course I
>> immediatly
>> forgot what I had entered as I assummed nothing had happened.
>>
>> So, anyone got any ideas how I can remove this password?
>>
>> Thanks folks,
>
> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'SELECT * FROM recgrouppassword;'
>
> Don't tell the kids!
>
> Then, just use mythfrontend to change the password on the recording
> group, again, typing in the old password and leaving the new password
> empty.
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike but I have already tried that and it appears to be an empty
table! I should've mentioned that to be honest. mysql returns 'Empty set
(0.00sec)' when presented with select * from recgrouppassword.

So, I guess short of changing my IP address and machine name(?) I am a tad
screwed?

Or is it a bug?

cheers,

mat