[mythtv-users] HDPVR IR Blaster Problem / Missing lirc_zilog

Alex Ulm aulm27 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 9 22:30:13 UTC 2011

I am having difficulty following the install procedures for IR blasting
for the Happauge HDPVR.

I am running SL6, currently using the 2.6.32-131.2.1 kernel and lirc
0.9.0-89.  My HDPVR loads properly, and I am able to manually create
test files from it.

According to the items I've read the lirc_zilog driver should already be
included, but I cannot load it with modprobe.  When I run modprobe
ir-kbd-i2c I received the following in my dmesg.

Registered IR keymap rc-hauppauge-new
input: i2c IR (HD-PVR) as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0/input5
rc0: i2c IR (HD-PVR) as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0
ir-kbd-i2c: i2c IR (HD-PVR) detected at i2c-5/5-0071/ir0 [Hauppage HD
PVR I2C]
IR Sony protocol handler initialized
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 249
IR LIRC bridge handler initialized

I have attempted to follow all the threads I can find in the users list,
but once I have it recognized I cannot find a clear next step.

I have downloaded the firmware for the card, but it appears without
lirc_zilog I have no way of putting it to use.  What should I be doing next?