[mythtv-users] BBC HD mux switching to DVBS2

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:36:47 UTC 2011

On 08/06/2011, Gareth Glaccum <gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com> wrote:

> [...]
I assume this is a Hauppauge DVB-S2 card?

If it is and hacking/scanning is not allowing it to work I would
suggest the following as the last thing to try (this is a bit drastic
though and you do it at your own risk).

Please read all these instructions before starting.  The whole process
should take about 30 minutes.

1.  Make a full backup of your mysql database.  How to do this is
covered elsewhere.

2.  Close down the mythbackend service

3. Totally clear all the channelscan_dtv_multiplex and channel entries
using the following commands in a terminal session.

mysql -uyyyyy (replace yyyyy with mythtv with your usual user account
name) -pxxxxxx (replace xxxxx with mythtv or with your password )
-e"DELETE from mythconverg.channelscan_dtv_multiplex ;"

mysql -uyyyyy (as above) -pxxxxx (as above) -e"DELETE from
mythconverg.channel ;"

Please understand this will clear ALL your channels, even terrestrial
ones if you have 2 sources.

3.  In a terminal session for the user that you would normally use to
run the frontend start mythtv-setup.

4.  Choose option 5 Channel Editor

5.  Choose the Video Source - If you have both terrestrial and
satellite I'd recommend scanning the terrestrial channels first
(bypass 6-9 if no Terrestrial Feeds).

6.  Choose Channel Scan

7.  Make sure the Video Source is on the Terrestrial Source.

8.  Choose "ALL" as the desired service....Turn off "Only Free"

9.  Choose "Full Scan of All Existing Transports"  let the Scan run
till finished and follow any on screen prompts.  Click finish when
done.

10.  Choose the Satellite Source

11.  Choose Channel Scan

12.  Make sure the Video Source is the Satellite Source.

13.  Choose "ALL" as the desired service....Turn off "Only Free"

14.  Choose "Full Scan (Tuned)"  enter the following values.

Frequency:- 10847000
Polarity:- Vertical
Symbol Rate:- 23000000
Mod Sys:- DVB-S2
FEC:- 8/9
Modulation:- QPSK
Inversion:- Auto
Rolloff:- 0.20

Click "Next" to start the Scan

15.  Let the scan finish and follow any on screen prompts to complete the Scan.

16.  Click "Finish"

17. exit mythtv-setup

18. Restart the mythbackend and check to see if it's OK.

Good Luck.