[mythtv-users] Anyone using a Kworld UB499-2T (USB Dual DVB-T Tuner)?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 13:43:32 UTC 2011

> In short I wouldn't go so far as to say both tuners "work well" nor
> would I use the expression "reliable" but at least they ARE cheap.

Thanks everyone for feedback.

I have (now had) two Hauppauge Nova-T USB Sticks but for the past few
months I have had recordings fail - it appeared to be only when the
2nd tuner was being used for the recording.

I have just investigated and it appear one stick has failed/stopped working.

When you try to tune channels 9 times out of 10 it fails to lock/find
channels and when it does lock the signal strength is much lower than
the working stick.

I have tried combinations of aerial / usb port and tuner and whenever
I use the one stick I know is working it tunes fine if I swap to the
broken stick it does not tune.

One stick is model 7060-NOVA2 (the broken one) this loads firmware in
dmseg but the other stick 7070-NOVA3 (still working) does not need to
load firmware.

I guess things break but it is strange the way it has sort of half broken.

The Hauppauge sticks are twice the price of the Kworlds - are they any
other alternatives?

TIA