[mythtv-users] OT: HTPC Cases - Touch screens et al.

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jun 10 19:17:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> they're impossible to see from any reasonable distance.

I agree completely. I've got the iMon LCD and I actually spent quite a
bit of time with it, getting it working, contributing some code to the
lirc driver, helping people in the codeka.com forum figure out how to
get the damn thing working, writing some custom software to control it
and integrate into myth somewhat. After all was said and done, when I
actually put the damn thing in my living room instead of my office
(where it sat 3 feet away from me on my desk) I suddenly realized the
thing was almost unreadable from any real distance. Tried adjusting
the "contrast", but that's just a total joke since it's not actually a
contrast, but rather a brightness (as the text gets brighter, so does
the background get brighter by an equal amount, and it's still as
unreadable as ever).

--
Ron Frazier