[mythtv-users] record live/first showing of sports?

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 21:09:08 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/11/2011 02:20 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>> In Arclight: http://postimage.org/image/1h4rbpyis/
>>>
>>> in the bottom combo box on the right (the highlighted one).
>>>
>>> In Terra: http://postimage.org/image/1h2tv5ds4/
>>> In MythCenter-wide: http://postimage.org/image/1h3dpljpg/
>>>
>>> in the bottom combo box on both (also highlighted, though with those
>>> themes the highlight doesn't show up too well).
>>>
>>> All screenshots are from 0.24-fixes.  "Record new episode first
>>> showings" is the last option in the list, so just select the correct
>>> combo and hit "right" until you get there.
>> switched to Arclight and that option is definitely not there for me in
>> either pre-existing rules or when trying to create a new rule.
>>
>> is this something in the DB that may be missing, or something that
>> Mythbuntu may have "taken out"?
>
> Again, if that option truly isn't shown, it would indicate a
> mythfilldatabase failure--if it crashes before it finishes or
> something.  Do you see:

> | Attempting to contact the master backend for rescheduling.  |
> | If the master is not running, rescheduling will happen when |
> | the master backend is restarted.                            |
>
> at the bottom of your mythfilldatabase log runs?  If not, it may be
> crashing before it checks for repeats.
>
> Please post the output of:
>
> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value =
> 'HaveRepeats';"
> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "SELECT count(previouslyshown) FROM
> program WHERE previouslyshown = 1;"
>
> Mike

Joining the thread a bit late here, but I just wanted to ask what kind
of sports you're trying to record?  I've noticed that in motorsports
(NASCAR, IndyCar, etc.), that often times they'll originally air live
on one network.  Then, a few days later, they may re-air on another
network such as SPEED.  Many times, SPEED will actually list the
re-airing as a first time showing and not a repeat.  So, I'll
sometimes get the same event recorded twice.  I'm wondering if this
might not be a similar circumstance to what you're experiencing?
However, it sounds like it's picking a later showing over the earlier
showing, so maybe unreleated.  What network does the original air on?
What network does the later showing air on?  Does it show original air
date for both the showings?  Does the later showing show the original
"live" air date?

Thanks!
Matt