[mythtv-users] Error opening jump program file buffer ERROR

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 11 23:26:32 UTC 2011

On 06/11/2011 06:46 PM, Paul Lugaro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Mike in another email asked me to send my issue to this mailing list.
> I'm not a regular to send posts like that and hope I'm doing it well.
> In any case, receive my apologies.
>
> Well, I saw that several people have the same error message: "Error
> opening jump program file buffer" when I change channels in live TV.
> When I choose the "See live TV" from the main menu, I see perfectly
> the starting channel. But when I try to change to another one, I have
> this message and I return to the main menu. I spent a lot of hours
> trying to find a solution or to bypass this problem. I saw that
> switching to another tuner card can resolve this issue. Unfortunately,
> I have only one tuner card. So, the fact is that I can see only 1 live
> channel with MythTV. I will really appreciate any help or tips or
> other feedbacks and I'm ready to give you any information that could
> help me and other users in the same position to enjoy MythTV at 100%.
> Thank you.
>
>     I'm on Fedora 14: 2.6.35.13-91.fc14.x86_64
>     My MythTV version (installed from yum): 0.24.1-2.fc14.x86_64
>     The 3 previous versions have the same problem (in fact, I never
>     reach to change channels)
>     There are analogical channels, in NTSC, in Peru (Cable Magico)
>     My TV tuner card: KWorld PCI Analog TV Card - PVR-TV 7134SE
>     lspci command results: Philips Semiconductors SAA7134/SAA7135HL
>     Video Broadcast Decoder based
>     All the partitions in EXT4

I'm assuming they're all local file systems and you're not using NFS or
CIFS for your recording directories, right?

> 2011-06-11 17:41:16.518 Player(0), Error: Unknown recorder error,
> exiting decoder

Paul, can you send your backend logs showing the time period when you
try to change channel in Live TV, please?  I'm not sure where they would
be, but I'd assume somewhere like /var/log/mythbackend.log.

Also, what do you get from:

mythbackend --version

Thanks,
Mike