[mythtv-users] Missing --passthrough option in mythtranscode

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Jun 12 12:17:01 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 06:05, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 7 June 2011 20:37, Paul Gardiner<lists at glidos.net>  wrote:
>> I'd love to see this fully working. If you can give me a few pointers
>> as to where the problem might be, then I might be able to help. My
>> guess is that mythtranscode is miscalculating how much time duration
>> corresponds to the amount of sound produced. Some time ago, it didn't used
>> to work correctly for raw sample. I had a problem on an earlier
>> version where I was getting repeated frames rather than missing frames.
>> That went away when I upgraded to 0.24.1
>

> Note that your fix went in git and the 0.24 jyavenard backport...

Great. Glad I could help - although it was just a tiny fix to some
very nice code.

> So now we have transcoding available with no loss in audio quality..
>
> Cool!

It's brilliant. So far I've been using it to cut out parts of
recordings, rather than save space. The pass through option
makes such a huge difference when the source is more than
stereo. Really nice feature. And --fifodir (which I've known
about for only a short period of time) give load of flexibility
for the video: I've been able to maintain the interlace of some
of my recordings, for the sake of smooth motion.

Cheers,
	Paul.