[mythtv-users] xmltv - tv_grab_uk_rt failing

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 04:34:16 UTC 2011

On 12/06/11 15:03, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 12 June 2011 07:54, Dave Pearson<lists at the-pearsons.co.uk>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just spotted that my mythfilldatabase task is failing to grab new
>> data via xmltv. The error shown is:
>>
>> 2011-06-12 07:50:24.748 Updating source #2 (Antenna) with grabber
>> tv_grab_uk_rt
>> 2011-06-12 07:50:24.748 Found 267 channels for source 2 which use grabber
>> 2011-06-12 07:50:50.079 tv_grab_uk_rt  --capabilities failed or we timed
>> out waiting. You may need to upgrade your xmltv grabber
>>

>> I've tried upgrading to the latest version of xmltv and am still getting
>> the same error. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
>> I've got 9 days worth of listings, so I need a fix fairly soon if I'm to
>> avoid missing recordings.
> For information that might help to determine what is happening, please
> run the grabber from the command line using the Antenna.xmltv config
> file (that MythTV is using when running the grabber automatically),
> using the '--debug' option and capturing the debug output to STDERR to
> a log file. Feel free to send me a compressed copy of the log and I'll
> have a look at it later.
>
> Can you provide details on your current OS, MythTV and XMLTV versions?
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your offer of help (stupid of me to not include version
details!).

I'm running:

MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-11-g40a3124
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0

Ubuntu: Maverick Meerkat (fully up to date)

XMLTV module version 0.5.59
This is tv_grab_uk_rt version 1.331, 2010/11/19 11:31:00

The grabber log was rejected by the mythtv-users mail server - where
would you like me to email it to?

Regards,
Dave.