[mythtv-users] Mythtv won't power down after upgrade to 0.24.1

Giles gbirchley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 08:20:29 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm running mythtv under Fedora 14 86x64
I'm having some problems with my machine not powering off after I select
exit and shutdown. These have only arisen since upgrading to 0.24.1 from
0.24. Shutdown command in the backend setup is:
   sudo /sbin/halt -p
on executing shutdown via mythtv I get the usual dialogue finishing in:
  Halting system...
  [1234.23456] system halted
The motherboard clicks like it's been shutdown but doesn't power off.

Executing sudo /sbin/halt -p from the terminal works as expected.
Shutting down from the desktop also works okay. I haven't changed any
backend options since upgrading to 0.24.1, although I added the option
"exit 0" to the backend in an attempted fix (it was blank before).

Anyone got any idea what's going on..?

Giles Birchley