[mythtv-users] OpenGL render problems with radeon and 0.24.1

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:07:38 UTC 2011

On 12.06.2011 13:52, Mark Kendall wrote:
> It worked as I expected. No visual corruption in the main UI or when
> playing video. Though both glxgears and nexuiz were pretty broken :)

Hm, well, right now it's horribly broken, but works with mplayer -vo gl.
Strange.

> If the software kernel deint works for you, then just use that with
> OpenGL (unlike vdpau, you can use a cpu based deinterlacer with OpenGL
> rendering). As already mentioned, there is a performance gap between
> straight XVideo and OpenGL which may limit your choice of software
> deinterlacer.

Well, for some reason none of the deinterlacers work with OpenGL on my
system, even though there appears to be much CPU power left.

Just for clarity: I usually use the kernel(2x) deinterlacer with Xv,
that would be the "software kernel deint" you mentioned, right? It's
giving me by far the best results (I use a recorded piece from a news
channel with a text scroll to verify) so I'd need that one to work with
OpenGL as well.

I'll keep monitoring this. It appears like this whole issue is made much
more difficult to track due to very different graphics stacks running
here and there, so I'd very much appreciate if you could keep having an
eye on the bug report and other people's observations.

Regards
Greg