[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:24:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2011, at 7:55 AM, David Watkins wrote:
>
>>> That kernel may be old enough that it doesn't have your particular device's
>>> driver ported over to rc-core yet.
>>
>> Thanks for reply - I was starting to wonder about the kernel version
>> myself, but it was the newest one available for FC14 (2.6.35.13 is
>> available now but I guess that's not any more likely to contain my
>> device driver?).
>
> Most of the new work is only going into 2.6.38 and later, 2.6.35 and
> Fedora 14 are not actively receiving driver stack updates anymore.
>

>> I think I'll use irrecord for now and come back to this at a later
>> date when I'm on a more recent distro.
>
> Fedora 15's (2.6.38.x) and later kernels should have rc-core support
> for your hardware.

Jarod,

Thanks again for your help.  I was out of town since last Thursday, so
have not had a chance to try your latest suggestions.  However, these
emails are making me wonder if I am running too old of a kernel (I am
hesitant to use the latest kernel because devinput is my only option
and at this point, I don't have that working.

Here is my kernel version: 2.6.35.10-74.fc14.i686