[mythtv-users] xmltv - tv_grab_uk_rt failing

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 01:00:59 UTC 2011

On 13 June 2011 19:35, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 June 2011 05:34, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 12/06/11 15:03, Nick Morrott wrote:
>>> On 12 June 2011 07:54, Dave Pearson<lists at the-pearsons.co.uk>  wrote:
>>> For information that might help to determine what is happening, please
>>> run the grabber from the command line using the Antenna.xmltv config
>>> file (that MythTV is using when running the grabber automatically),
>>> using the '--debug' option and capturing the debug output to STDERR to
>>> a log file. Feel free to send me a compressed copy of the log and I'll
>>> have a look at it later.
>> The grabber log was rejected by the mythtv-users mail server - where
>> would you like me to email it to?
>
> As I mentioned earlier, send it to me (compressed please) so I can
> have a look at it.

Having had a look at Dave's grabber output (data, not log), the
grabber successfully produced data until 2011-06-26 and so it seems
that the grabber itself is working fine - the issue seems to be
somewhere in the automated running of the grabber by the backend.

Have any other UK users running Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) and XMLTV
0.5.59 encountered problems as described at the start of the thread?

@Dave

As you successfully ran the grabber from the command line, it is
possible to manually import the data into MythTV via mythfilldatabase
- see the docs and wiki for more information on how to do this.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott