[mythtv-users] Lirc & Harmony 525 Key repeat problem

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:19:46 UTC 2011

> I too have a problem with a Harmony remote emulating a MCE remote, but
> my problem sounds a little different. All works well, but every now
> and then it behaves as though an arrow button has stuck down: an
> attempt to skip will do multiple skips, repeating until I press again.
> Also an attempt to move down in the menu can leave the menu rolling
> continuously. It doesn't seem to be the remote: I can put my hand
> over the transducer and the menus keep rolling. It's as though
> "button down" and button up" commands are being used and the up
> is being lost, but I didn't think any part of the system worked
> that way. Anybody else see that.
>
> Cheers,
>         Paul.

i've had this issue a few times; and it's always been down to accidentally
pressing multiple buttons on the remote. pressing it again fixes the issue.
this has been the issue with using the mceusb codeset as i had the same
issue on w7MC.
I'm not sure if the IR signal has a 'button pressed, button released'
signal, or if it just keeps resending the same command for aslong as the key
is depressed (i have a feeling it's the first, or IR codeset determined by
the manufacturer).

i've also experienced weird behavour of my Harmony 555 when the batteries
are about to die.

i've not tried covering the end of the controller however to see if this
blocks the issue.