[mythtv-users] EIT vs XMLTV - Formula 1 and adhoc rescheduling

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 08:50:04 UTC 2011

Nick Rout wrote:

>Conflict handling will always be an issue. what if mythfilldatabase
>does a run right in the middle of F1 and undoes the EIT stuff?
>Confusion abounds.

Well the scheduling would still be done by EIT - grabbing XML data
wouldn't change that (first thing to modify). XML would only be used
to "fill in" the detail for the EIT guide.
It doesn't take much imagination to see it's a very, very non-trivial
job trying to match up programs that are likely to have all the key
data different - subtle differences in title, subtitle, description,
and timing ! It's the sort of thing that our fuzzy brains generally
find easy, but for a logical program it's far from it.

--
Simon Hobson