[mythtv-users] Random missed recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 17 16:22:46 UTC 2011

On 06/17/2011 09:03 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Thanks to those who replied!
>
> I did go back through and redetect my tuners and unchecked the IP
> address checkbox and it went back to detecting by HDHR address.
>
> One thing I noticed is that even though I deleted all of my tuners
> before setting them up again the tuner assignments defaulted to:
>
> 1: 1,3
> 2: 5,6
>
> Which was strange. I went through phpMyAdmin and fixed that before
> continuing and that seemed to help.

You need to use "Delete all capture cards" (not deleting them
individually with D, nor "Delete all capture cards on <hostname>") to
renumber things properly.  You should really re-do it--rather than just
hoping you made all the required edits in the DB, since the DB does not
enforce any of the data constraints.

> Anyway, I think the problem now is that my HDHR is slowly dying. I
> used hdhomerun_config_gui to take Myth out of the equation and was
> getting well over 80% signal strength but very erratic signal quality
> and 0% symbol quality. Unplugging it for a few minutes seemed to help
> but I still had problems tuning some channels.
>
> I think I'm going to turn in a ticket with SiliconDust but I may just
> go ahead and get a HDHR3.

Good luck.  I hope you get that fixed--it definitely sounds like it
could be causing the problems you're seeing.

Mike