[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py won't delete files

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Mon Jun 20 10:13:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:10 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Pretty sure this status code was co-opted by a bunch of network file
> systems to mean they were unable to get a lock when trying to unlink a file.
>
> See /usr/src/linux-`uname -r`/fs/cifs/inode.c (specifically, it seems
> they're using it for renames pending delete, which are used to delete
> files that are opened--similar to NFS's silly-rename trick).  That means
> the user can probably prevent the problem by simply re-disabling the
> (defaults to off) "Delete files slowly" setting so that his backend
> host's CIFS (client) file system driver doesn't try to do something his
> CIFS server can't handle.  That said, I think a better idea is to not
> use CIFS/SMB, but...

Thank you so much for the help with sorting this out!
Some notes:
-I am on CIFS (using unraid server as my file server and it's much
easier to get working with CIFS/SMB)
-Delete files slowly is NOT turned on, and never has been

unraid has preliminary NFS support, so I might give that a try and see
what happens.  In the meantime, any other ideas to try?