[mythtv-users] mythvideo sort order

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Mon Jun 20 13:15:00 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 06/19/2011 02:56 PM, Phil Wild wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to sort your video collection by
> > date added to the library?
> >
> I think it's as easy as pressing M and then choose "Sort by date added".

I had a look at this tonight and it does not work very well, well not in my
setup anyway... Perhaps this is theme related. I am using Blue Abstract (and
very fond of it :) ).

This functionality is broken when I try and use it.

If I choose sort by date order, it sorts the dates alphabetically so that
all movies added on a Friday display first working through the days until we
get to Wednesday at the end of the list. I kind of would have expected the
sort order to go by the actual date value rather than the alphabetical
display value. Perhaps if I set the date display to be year-month-day it
would work.

Can anyone confirm this same behavior?

Cheers

Phil