[mythtv-users] Zotac GT430 Silent video card, Lucid, and HDMI audio

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:31:14 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:

> I tried inputting the device designators manually in Setup -> Audio.
> Using "ALSA:plughw:1,9" worked in my case.  I now have full HDMI sound
> with Myth without all of the headaches I had previously with the receiver.
>  :-)

I have the 430 card you just got working.  I do not have a receiver capable
of HDMI yet, but I use COAX digital output from a SoundBlaster audio card to
my receiver and it works.  I have an LCD TV with HDMI in, so I use that for
video.  However, when I watch a recording, or a video, I have to manually
adjust the audio sync to get lip sync correct.  Did you have to do this
before the 430?  What about after the 430?  Does it look/sound correct?
Thanks!

Jim