[mythtv-users] stuck on faulty channel

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 18:52:28 UTC 2011

On 20/06/2011 00:40, Matt Harrison wrote:
> Hi list
>
> Let my start by saying, my posts have been critisised in the past for
> lacking in detail. I try to provide what I think is relevant, but if I
> am missing something please let me know.
>
> I have had a problem with a particular channel on English DVB-T
> freeview. After 10-11pm, any attempt to watch or record that channel
> will result in the frontend hanging for a while or the recording being
> blank. I haven't got around to tracking it down yet.
>
> Unfortunately, now I am having a problem with another, previously fine
> channel. It started when the dreaded 6 hour teleshopping programme
> began and I am now totally unable to get livetv back.
>
> The frontend is stuck on it. I can't change channel, input or access
> the guide. The best I can do is kill the frontend but unfortunately,
> any attempt to get back to livetv just brings me back to that channel.
>
> I've twice tried to change the starting channel in the input
> connection settings, but both times it ignores my change and just goes
> back to hanging. None of my cards have it set as the starting channel,
> but as soon as I try livetv again, one of them will reset to it.
>
> I'm sure I should try and solve the problem behind these two channels,
> but right now I'd just like to be able to get livetv back :)
>
> The backend log shows the attempt to play, but no errors that I can
> see. The frontend log shows the attempt to play as well, but then just
> loops a message that it's waiting for data to become available. I've
> attached snippets of both.
>
> I would try and confirm this is the same output as from the original
> bad channel I mentioned earlier, however I can't even try it right now.
>
> Grateful for any advice and please let me know if I have missed an
> important detail.
>
> Many thanks
This happens to me now and again if live TV gets left on challenge after
it goes off air. Only way I've found to fix it is to set up a recording
on that tuner on a good channel. It usually doesnt have any problem
changing channel to record something. Then just stop the recording.

The last set channel should then be a 'good' one, and live TV will work
again

cheers

Dunc