[mythtv-users] how do I change max recordings?

Per Kofod per.s.kofod at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 15:01:34 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 04:12 PM, Jim Morton wrote:

> On 6/21/2011 9:43 AM, Per Kofod wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> On my newly installed mythology HTPC box I have run into a problem:
>>
>> I have the box configured with 4 tuners (2 internal DVB-C PCI tuner cards,
>> and a HDHOMERUN box with 2 tuners) I have configured max simultaneous
>> jobs to 4; but if I try to schedule recordings, so I at one point have 3
>> recordings
>> at the same time, I get a conflict marking.
>>
>> I have not been able to find a setting for max simultaneous recordings
>> anywhere.
>>
>> Is this a hard limit somewhere in mythTV, or are there a place where I
>> can change
>> this?
>>
>> I have no need to use this box for Live TV; but would be able to be able
>> to record
>> from 4 tuners at the same time, the hardware should be powerful enough
>> to handle
>> this, as there is not much processing needed for a DVB channel.
>>
>> Per
>>
> The only limit is the number of available tuners. What is the source for
> the HDHR? and the DVB tuners?
> you might have something set wrong.
>
> Or this might be normal. For example I have 2 HDHRs with OTA as the
> source. They are defined as 8 tuners so I can record 8 OTA programs. I
> also have 2 HDPVRs with satellite as the source. So I can also record up
> to 2 programs on a satellite channels. So there are 10 tuners defined
> yet I still have hard limits of 8 for OTA and 2 for satellite. Make sense?

That is strange I have a setting of max recordings of 2 on each tuner,
so first
PCI tuner card is Tuner 1 and 2. The second tuner card is tuner 3 and 4, the
first homerun tuner is 5 and 6 and the second homerun tuner is 7 and 8.

Yes I have set up two sources, one for the PCU cards and one for the homerun
box. They are connected to the same cable connection; but due to the
difference
in the way the frequencies are set up, the homerun tuners complained if
connected
to the same source as the PCI tuners. But in the channel listing I have
only one entry
for each channel, so I thought that they identified the program by ID.
Actually if I
select a program for recording, it selects tuner 1 first, than tuner 3,
if I select live
TV it selects tuner 8. So the first recording I select goes to tuner 1,
the second to
tuner 3, and when I try to select a third recording at the same time I
get a conflict,
and even if I select prefered tuner as 6 for that program, it still
tells me, that that
program will not be recorded as I have a conflict.

Btw I have installed latest version of mythbuntu with mythtv 0.24,
aparently I need
to manually compile it if I want 0.24.1 or 0.25.

Should I really change the channel numbers to have two entries for each
channel
and manually split recordings between tuners, I had hoped, that mythtv
would take
care of that.

Per