[mythtv-users] EIT Scanning failing for one channel

Troy Dack troy at tdack.com
Tue Jun 21 23:21:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:19 PM, blind_Pete <0123peter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, troydack at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > My MythTV install has been running well for a few years now with one
> > exception.  I can't get EIT scanning/updating to work for one particular
> > channel.
> [snip]
> > The channel in question is C31 in Melbourne, Australia - a community TV
> > channel, it normally appears on DVB-T Channel 44.
> [snip]
>
> Channel 31.  These might help;
>
> <http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8707>
> <http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9504>
> <http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9788>

Thanks for the links.

It doesn't look like the \0 is the problem.  The EIT data doesn't even
appear to make it into the MythTV program table.  I did run the queries in
the bug report to check, and they returned nothing, plus my frontend hasn't
displayed any problems with the watch recordings screen.

As for the time offset, comparing the data in the dvbsnoop dump and what C31
have on their web site for upcoming programs it looks like they are actually
sending out correct UTC times.

It seems that EITHelper is failing to extract any data for this particular
channel and I can't work out why.

Cheers,
   Troy.
     troy at tdack.com