[mythtv-users] Using devinput but devinput lircd.conf file does not contain all my remote buttons on Harmony One

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jun 24 03:59:47 UTC 2011

On Jun 23, 2011, at 11:03 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

>>> [root at localhost ~]# ir-keytable
>>> Found /sys/class/rc/rc1/ (/dev/input/event2) with:
>>>        Driver ir-kbd-i2c, table rc-rc5-tv
>>>        Supported protocols: RC-5
>>>        Enabled protocols:
>>>        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 33 ms
>>
>> Completely and totally NOT the keytable I was expecting, and that
>> probably explains some things... This one was, iirc, merged into the
>> hauppauge one after 2.6.38 or so...
>>
>> So *before* loading a new keytable, try:
>>
>> ir-keytable -s rc1 -r
>>
>> The -s can be used to select non-rc0 devices. The -r says "read the
>> currently loaded keytable". I'm now wondering if that keytable uses
>> full rc5 codes (device + button) or just the button codes...
>>

> This is what I get (using kernel version : 2.6.35.12-88.fc14.i686)
> [root at localhost ~]# ir-keytable -r
> scancode 0x0000 = KEY_0 (0x0b)
> scancode 0x0001 = KEY_1 (0x02)
> scancode 0x0002 = KEY_2 (0x03)
> scancode 0x0003 = KEY_3 (0x04)
> scancode 0x0004 = KEY_4 (0x05)
> scancode 0x0005 = KEY_5 (0x06)
> scancode 0x0006 = KEY_6 (0x07)
> scancode 0x0007 = KEY_7 (0x08)
> scancode 0x0008 = KEY_8 (0x09)
> scancode 0x0009 = KEY_9 (0x0a)
> scancode 0x000b = KEY_CHANNEL (0x16b)
> scancode 0x000c = KEY_POWER (0x74)
> scancode 0x000d = KEY_MUTE (0x71)
> scancode 0x000f = KEY_TV (0x179)
> scancode 0x0010 = KEY_VOLUMEUP (0x73)
> scancode 0x0011 = KEY_VOLUMEDOWN (0x72)
> scancode 0x0012 = KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP (0xe1)
> scancode 0x0013 = KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN (0xe0)
> scancode 0x001e = KEY_SEARCH (0xd9)
> scancode 0x0020 = KEY_CHANNELUP (0x192)
> scancode 0x0021 = KEY_CHANNELDOWN (0x193)
> scancode 0x0022 = KEY_CHANNEL (0x16b)
> scancode 0x0023 = KEY_LANGUAGE (0x170)
> scancode 0x0026 = KEY_SLEEP (0x8e)
> scancode 0x002e = KEY_MENU (0x8b)
> scancode 0x0030 = KEY_PAUSE (0x77)
> scancode 0x0032 = KEY_REWIND (0xa8)
> scancode 0x0033 = KEY_GOTO (0x162)
> scancode 0x0035 = KEY_PLAY (0xcf)
> scancode 0x0036 = KEY_STOP (0x80)
> scancode 0x0037 = KEY_RECORD (0xa7)
> scancode 0x003c = KEY_TEXT (0x184)
> scancode 0x003d = KEY_SUSPEND (0xcd)
>
> Not surprisingly, none of the buttons that irw doesn't recognizes is
> is in that output (with the exception KEY_TV, which irw does not
> recognize but is in the above output).

Okay, if some of the keys above *are* working, then in the keymap you
load into the kernel, try chopping out the 1e. I swear you should be
seeing full codes passed along, rather than just button codes, but if
you're getting keycode matches with the 0x00?? scancodes, it must be
that only button codes are going through.

> When I clear the keytable and load the haupp keytable and try to read
> it, here is the output:
> scancode 0x1e00 = KEY_0 (0x0b)
> scancode 0x1e01 = KEY_1 (0x02)

Jarod Wilson