[mythtv-users] Cleanup recordings not in database

Ramon Hofer ramonhofer at bluewin.ch
Fri Jun 24 10:45:08 UTC 2011

On 06/23/2011 06:44 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/23/2011 06:38 AM, Ramon Hofer wrote:
>> On 06/14/2011 06:57 PM, Chris Kapp wrote:
>>> Recently I had a hard drive crash that left records in the database
>>> without files and files without database records (I managed to get
>>> some of the files backed up before I completely lost the drive).  I
>>> found this script worked well:
>>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py
>>>
>> I wanted to test the script as well but I got the following error:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>      File "/home/hoferr/bin/find_orphans.py", line 3, in<module>
>>        from MythTV import MythDB, MythBE, Recorded
>> ImportError: No module named MythTV
>>

>> How can I add these modules?
> Do you have the MythTV Python bindings installed?  If you're compiling
> yourself, check the output of mythtv's configure command to find out
> (and to find out why not, if it says no).

Thanks for your reply.

I use debian and mythtv package from it's multimedia repos.
I have installed the package python-mythtv and now I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/hoferr/bin/find_orphans.py", line 3, in <module>
     from MythTV import MythDB, MythBE, Recorded
   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MythTV/__init__.py", line 55, in
<module>
     exec(import26)
   File "<string>", line 5, in <module>
   File "<string>", line 7, in <module>
   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MythTV/connections.py", line 18,
in <module>
     import lxml.etree as etree
ImportError: No module named lxml.etree

What else do I have to install?