[mythtv-users] Tuner HW Advice?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 15:57:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Patrick Oglesby <octoberblu3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, since everyone else is chiming in on how great the HDHR is, I
> thought I would offer my opinions on the HVR-2250.
>
> The HVR-2250 takes up a single PCIe 1x slot and is low profile if that
> matters.  I am using the card for ClearQAM.  The only time I have ever
> had bad recordings is when Comcast has moved the channels around, in
> which case I just use Myth's channel scanner to find them again.
>
> Basically, either HDHR or the 2250 is a solid choice for your OTA ATSC needs.

Reviewing the HVR-2250 on NewEgg again brought up another question.
IIRC, the built-in IR Rx/Tx interface is not yet supported by the
driver versions Steven Toth (and supporters) built to-date.  Is that
still true (i.e. I'll need to get a separate IR interface, such as a
USB Microsoft Media Center type unit)?

Craig.