[mythtv-users] Effect of auto-expire on recordings history

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Jun 25 20:41:05 UTC 2011

I usually transfer my recordings to an archive and then delete them from
the 'Watch Recordings' screen.  Their details remain in the database; if
it's in the database it's (somewhere) in the archive and there's usually
no need to record it again.

This model breaks down if the recording discs get full and a programme
is auto-expired before archiving; it won't be in the archive and it
won't be recorded again.  I'm not really interested in the fact that it
was once recorded, I just want to know if I ought to be able to find it
(and it would, of course, be nice to be told where to look, but that's a
separate problem).

Is there a mechanism for removing auto-expired recordings from the
database?  I suppose I could extract details from the backend log and
work from there, but a more direct method would  be better.

TIA

John P