[mythtv-users] Effect of auto-expire on recordings history

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Jun 25 22:57:24 UTC 2011

David, Mike:  Thanks for your replies.  I'll need to think about the
info they contain and maybe work out something along the lines of using
'watched' to mean 'archived'.  Certainly I usually 'watch' them to set
edit points, soon after recording, and my current settings may be
inappropriate for that. But many of my recordings are made using the
'Record only this showing' rule guided by external recommendations,
using 'u' and/or 'e' queries from the schedule display to see if I
should already have it, and it's that aspect of database access that I'd
like to influence.

Thanks again,

John P