[mythtv-users] EIT Scanning failing for one channel

Troy Dack troy at tdack.com
Sun Jun 26 03:06:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 06/21/2011 07:21 PM, Troy Dack wrote:
> > As for the time offset, comparing the data in the dvbsnoop dump and what
> C31
> > have on their web site for upcoming programs it looks like they are
> actually
> > sending out correct UTC times.
> >
> > It seems that EITHelper is failing to extract any data for this
> particular
> > channel and I can't work out why.
>
> Rescan the transport?
>
> Mike

I deleted the channel and transport from mythtv-setup then checked in the
database to make sure it was gone, all good so far.

Do a channel re-scan from mythtv-setup, the channel is picked up and I told
setup to automatically add it and update all other channels that is found
too.

Channel appeared in the list, I changed the allocated channel number, added
an icon and ticked "Use on air guide data".  There is no xmltv id set for
this channel.

Exited setup, restarted backend and added eit and siparser to logging.

Still no EITScanner or EITHelper messages that appear to relate to the
channel missing EIT information.  The eit_cache table doesn't have any
entries for this channel either.

     troy at tdack.com