[mythtv-users] Different grabber for one channel

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:12:10 UTC 2011

On 26 June 2011 21:04, Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> On 06/26/2011 08:28 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>> On 26 June 2011 16:46, Ramon Hofer<ramonhofer at bluewin.ch>  wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I have an analogue dual-tuner card and receive 30 analogue channels.
>>> 29 of them are in the European EPG grabber (tv_grab_eu_epgdata).
>>> But the channel "Schweizer Sport Fernsehen (SSF)" isn't included there
>>> and I have to use another grabber (tv_grab_ch_search) for it.
>>>
>>> I could assign the channels from one grabber to the first tuner and the
>>> channel SSF to the second tuner.
>>> But I don't want to do this because it limits the scheduling alot.
>>>
>>> Is there a workaround for this problem?
>> i) configure the SSF channel in the MythTV database with the correct
>> XMLTV ID from the _ch_search grabber
>> ii) configure the _ch_search for the SSF channel
>> iii) run the _ch_search grabber to create listings for the SSF channel
>> and use mythfilldatabase to import the listings for that single
>> channel into the MythTV database.
>>
>> If you are running both grabbers manually (you do not say how you are
>> running the _eu_epgdata grabber) you can combine the data from both
>> grabbers into a single XMLTV file before importing the listings with
>> mythfilldatabase.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nick
>>
> Thank for your reply Nick.
>
> I configured the channels in mythtv-setup (SSF with ch_search and the
> others with eu_epgdata).
> Mythtv-backend runs mythfilldatabase for both grabbers and it finds data
> for both grabbers.

I'm pretty sure that the backend can only run one grabber
automatically per video source (although this might have changed
recently). As you need to run two grabbers for your single video
source (that contains the channels served by both _eu_epgdata and
_ch_search) you will likely need to run one or both XMLTV grabbers
manually and import the data through mythfilldatabase.

> But I can't tune to SSF in LiveTV and mythtv-backend doesn't record
> anything from SSF.

You should be able to tune your analog channels even if there are no
listings available. Are you sure you have the correct frequency
information configured for the SSF channel? Are you sure all channels
are configured on a single video source in mythtv-setup?

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott