[mythtv-users] Different grabber for one channel

Ramon Hofer ramonhofer at bluewin.ch
Mon Jun 27 13:50:18 UTC 2011

On 06/27/2011 12:12 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 26 June 2011 21:04, Ramon Hofer<ramonhofer at bluewin.ch>  wrote:

>>> i) configure the SSF channel in the MythTV database with the correct
>>> XMLTV ID from the _ch_search grabber
>>> ii) configure the _ch_search for the SSF channel
>>> iii) run the _ch_search grabber to create listings for the SSF channel
>>> and use mythfilldatabase to import the listings for that single
>>> channel into the MythTV database.
>>>
>>> If you are running both grabbers manually (you do not say how you are
>>> running the _eu_epgdata grabber) you can combine the data from both
>>> grabbers into a single XMLTV file before importing the listings with
>>> mythfilldatabase.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Nick
>>>
>> Thank for your reply Nick.
>>
>> I configured the channels in mythtv-setup (SSF with ch_search and the
>> others with eu_epgdata).
>> Mythtv-backend runs mythfilldatabase for both grabbers and it finds data
>> for both grabbers.
> I'm pretty sure that the backend can only run one grabber
> automatically per video source (although this might have changed
> recently). As you need to run two grabbers for your single video
> source (that contains the channels served by both _eu_epgdata and
> _ch_search) you will likely need to run one or both XMLTV grabbers
> manually and import the data through mythfilldatabase.
Yes, you may be right.
I created two video sources (one for each grabber).
And assigned the video source for epg_data to both of the tuners.
The channel data are correct.
But SSF isn't assigned to any tuner.

>> But I can't tune to SSF in LiveTV and mythtv-backend doesn't record
>> anything from SSF.
> You should be able to tune your analog channels even if there are no
> listings available. Are you sure you have the correct frequency
> information configured for the SSF channel? Are you sure all channels
> are configured on a single video source in mythtv-setup?

This is my mistake.

Is the following solution correct?
I need only one video source for the analogue cable connection which I
can allocate with epg_data and add the XMLTVID for SSF into it.
Then I need to run both grabbers and combine their data with
tv_grab_combiner.

Cheers
Ramon