[mythtv-users] mythvideo sort order

Ramon Hofer ramonhofer at bluewin.ch
Mon Jun 27 16:18:53 UTC 2011

On 06/20/2011 05:36 PM, Phil Wild wrote:

>     > Sorry but I have to disagree... When you select "Sort by Date"
>     one would
>     > expect that you sort by date.
>
>     And again, this isn't sort by anything, it's browse by.  Which it
>     does.  It arranges the metadata by date in the format you have
>     specified.  If you specify a date format where the date comes first,
>     then you will get a metadata tree listed in the order of date.
>
>     But more importantly, you've ignored my explanation of how to do
>     exactly what you want, which is to use the *actual* sort by functions
>     in the filter dialog.
>

> Perhaps my brain does not work the same as other peoples then....
>
> Yes you are right "Browse by date added" allows you to browse by date
> added, but honestly, why would anyone want to use this feature? Browse
> by date added should not sort by an alphabetical date it should sort
> by the date. The way it currently lists the video contents just makes
> no sense whatsoever in my way of thinking.
>
> I have just checked one more time and I do not have a "sort by date"
> function in the filter dialog. I can sort by title, year, and a number
> of other methods under the "Sort:" option in the filter screen
> (leaving everything else as "All") but I can not select "Date Added"
> as it is not available to me.

I was confused about that too but then I thought maybe it's the American
way of sorting dates :-)

Why don't you just change your date format to 2011-6-27?
Then the different sort orders are the same.
Of course it would be nice to also have to weekday displayed but I can
live with that now.

Cheers
Ramon