[mythtv-users] Freezing and crash with .iso dvds in v0.24-fixes from git

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 22:19:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have also been seeing performance problems playing ISO DVD files
>> over storage groups.  This is using trunk/master, but the same
>> problems might be in 0.24.  See tickets #9854 and #9864.  These may be
>> responsible for the problems you're seeing, though I don't know
>> whether the mid-playback crashes are related.  If you feel like
>> rerunning with "-v important,general,playback,file,extra" and posting
>> the logs, I can check them for evidence of the same problems.
>
> Interesting... That does sound similar.  Tonight I'll try running with
> those -v options and post it here.  Am I reading this correctly that
> an option to fix this would be to not use storage groups until this is
> fixed?

I was able to use a local mount to verify baseline performance of ISO
startup/playback, so that would probably do as a temporary workaround,
keeping in mind that support for local mounts is eventually going
away, and you may not see the video metadata under the local mount.

> I'd say that about 75% of the new DVD's I try to play crash at some
> point mid playback.  I've taken to ripping a .mkv of the main title so
> we can watch seamlessly (without having to jump past a certain point
> then back up).

I'm not an expert, but that sounds more like a dvdnav issue than an
ISO storage group issue.

Jim