[mythtv-users] Windows frontend crashing on exiting recording *SOLVED*

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 28 15:31:56 UTC 2011

On 06/28/2011 04:45 AM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> On 2 June 2011 19:57, Anthony Giggins wrote:

>>> Can no one provide any information or ideas?
>>>
>>> I doesn't happen every single time but probably 90% of the time
>>>
>>> my backend is running on Mythdora 12.23 x86_64 running 0.24-6.md12
>>> (4af46b1f5d)
>> Since there hasn't been any feed back and after emailing the packager for
>> guidance I have raised ticket http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/981
> I can confirm the attached patch resolves this issue.
>
> A big Thank you to the mythtv devs

While that patch will prevent the crash you were seeing, it introduces a
new bug--a race condition that could cause problems if you use the
MythMusic "embedded player" (i.e. leave music playing when you exit the
MythMusic plugin) and then switch to video playback,  Paul described in
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9819#comment:3 .

So, as long as you don't use the MythMusic embedded player on your
Windows system, or you're very careful not to trigger the issue, feel
free to use the patch on your Windows build until someone works out a
proper patch.

Mike