[mythtv-users] Got my Ceton infiniTV 4...any else have one yet?

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 16:06:37 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net>
> wrote:
> >> You would need to scan in QAM (no CableCard) mode, but I thought with a
> >> CableCard it would be just like adding a Firewire tuner.  There is no
> >> scanning involved there, unless there is something going on under the
> hood
> >> without intervention.
> >
> > But how does myth know anything about what channels are available?
>
> It downloads the list from Schedules Direct.  That's how it works for
> firewire.
>
> Eric

Ron,

I was just verifying my understanding of what you have done so far.  It is
greatly appreciated.

As for channels in the database, that happens when you assign a video source
to a capture card in the input connections in mythtv-setup.  You have the
open to "Scan for channels" or "Fetch channels from listing source".

As Eric stated about Firewire, the "Fetch channels from listing source"
options fetches the lineup from Schedules Direct.

- Tom