[mythtv-users] Got my Ceton infiniTV 4...any else have one yet?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jun 30 16:07:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> It downloads the list from Schedules Direct.  That's how it works for firewire.

Hmm....I suppose that's a fair enough point. :-)   It sort of slipped
my mind that mythfilldatabase even does that, since I haven't had to
deal with that situation in quite some time now, being that the basic
cable lineup with WideOpenWest has been extremely static over the
years (they don't seem to just randomly change channel numbers for no
apparent reason, the way comcast always seemed to do when I was with
them).

The only thing I'm not sure about is, when you do it that way, what
sort of values it fills in for each field in the channels table,
because that is important. For example, there are parts of myth that
rely on the values of certain fields in the channels table to
determine if the data it's receiving should be ATSC vs DVB vs MPEG,
and then processes it accordingly. I just dealt with this
yesterday...having a wrong value set resulted in myth processing the
MPEG data as ATSC data, and thus I got nothing on the screen. :-)
Perhaps one of the settings in the video source configuration
determines how they get inserted into the DB. If so, and if it can all
be done that way, then yeah...there would be no need to do any
scanning.

Thanks for reminding me about that and (hopefully) saving me the
trouble of doing it myself.

--
Ron Frazier