[mythtv-users] missing .png files

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 08:37:20 UTC 2011

yOn Tue, 1 Mar 2011, noelcollins at optusnet.com.au wrote:

> Background of System
>    All  PC's running Mythbuntu 10.04 Backend and frontend installed on all
>    Master backend PC - database and scheduling - 1 Tuner card (tuners 10,11,12 )
>    Server PC with Raid array - storage of recordings
>    Secondary Backend 1 - 1 DVB Tuner card (tuners 1,2,3 ) recording + transcode only
>    Secondary Backend 2 - 1 DVB Tuner card (tuners 4,5,6 ) recording + transcode only
>    Secondary Backend 3 - 1 DVB Tuner card (tuners 7,8,9 ) recording + transcode only
>    Frontend 1 - 1 DVB Tuner card ( tuners 13,14,15 ) - watch recordings
>
> Problem
>    Some recordings are missing the associated .png file. All recordings can be watched on the Server PC, but only the recordings with .png files will stream to the other PC's.
>
> Question
>    Why are some .png files missing and how can I create the missing ones?

I'm not sure it's relevant, but I've seen missing .png thumbnails when php
wasn't configured to use the right timezone (why it doesn't just use the TZ
environment variable, I don't know) and so MythWeb gets the times wrong
after a DST transition.

In /etc/php.ini, change the 'date.timezone' setting.

Best Regards,
Alex