[mythtv-users] 0.24+fixes - tearing, /dev/rtc permissions and getting openGL to work

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Mar 1 12:53:35 UTC 2011

On 11-03-01 06:38 AM, David Edwards wrote:
> After
> much testing, I discovered it was breaking after the frontend had been
> suspended and resumed; playback was perfect after a reboot until the
> next time the machine was suspended.

Hrm.  This is interesting.  I do suspend my Revo 1600.  I should do some
testing to see if I can confirm you findings on my FE.

> In the end, I found this:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers/+bug/656279
>
> Disabling hyperthreading solved the issue, and I now have perfect
> playback before and after suspending.

I don't know that the Atom in the Revo 1600 supports hyperthreading.
I'd certainly be game to disable it if it did.  I can't see
hyperthreading adding any value to a Myth FE.

Cheers,
b.